Pumpkin Pie Bliss Balls
Whether it’s in the form of chocolate and sweets, or a slice of pumpkin pie with cream, Halloween is typically a time when we’re tempted to overdose on refined sugar.
Fret not, we have the answer to your Halloween sweets prayers. These bliss balls are your one-bite pumpkin pie alternative. Plus, with tons of nutritional benefits, you don’t need to sacrifice your health to enjoy this treat.
Combining our favourite autumnal flavours, these balls are loaded with beta-carotene and antioxidants from pumpkin, while the cinnamon will help lower your blood sugar levels and reduce sugar cravings. With an added scoop of Bodyism Protein Excellence, you’ll get the boost you need to increase energy and build lean muscle. Great post-training, or post trick-or-treating/dancing your way through town.
Give these energy balls a try, it’s scary how tasty they are!
Makes about 15 balls
For the balls:
1 cup Medjool Dates
1 cup Walnut
1 scoop Bodyism Protein Excellence
¼ tsp of Ground Ginger
¼ tsp Ground Cinnamon
¼ tsp Ground Allspice
¼ cup Pumpkin Puree
½ tsp Vanilla Extract
½ cup Shredded Coconut
4 bars Ombar Chocolate
Extra Shredded Coconut
1. It’s seriously simple. Just place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until well combined.
2. Roll the mixture into balls.
3. Put the balls in the freezer for at least 15 minutes.
4. Place the chocolate in a glass bowl over a saucepan filled with a low level of water. Gently melt the chocolate, making sure it doesn’t burn.
5. Take half the balls out of the freezer and cover them in the melted chocolate. Place back in the freezer.
6. Roll the remaining balls in shredded coconut and place back in the freezer for about 15 minutes.
7. Enjoy these Halloween treats straight from the freezer or place in a bowl for your Halloween trick-or-treaters. (The wiser option might be to save them for yourself as a delicious post-workout snack).