Sliced apples and nut butters are an ideal healthy office snack. But roasted in the oven and served with a warm almond butter dip makes them the ultimate dessert-worthy upgrade for your dinner table.
Top Tip* We always recommend eating nut butter with fruit to slow down the absorption of sugar into the bloodstream and avoid sugar crashes.
Apple Crisps With Almond Butter Recipe
4 apples, such as Braeburn, very thinly sliced
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 cups raw almonds
1 tablespoon coconut oil, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
To make the almond butter…
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4. Place the almonds on a baking tray and roast for 5–7 minutes until toasted. Remove and leave to cool.
- Put the cooled almonds into a food processor and whizz on a medium speed for about 10 minutes until you have a paste. Stop every few minutes to scrape the nuts from the blade.
- Add the remaining ingredients and pulse for a few more minutes.
- Spoon the butter into a sterilised jar and seal. Eat at room temperature or warm up quickly in the microwave.
To make the apple crisps…
- Preheat the oven to 150°C/gas mark 2. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Lay the apples on the lined baking tray and sprinkle with the cinnamon.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until the apples are crisp. Remove from the oven, leave to cool and serve with Almond, Cinnamon and Vanilla butter.